Wednesday 28 December 2011

Fitness

Around the New Year period, many people embark on often short-lived fitness programmes, or long for a "detox", either as a way of ameliorating the excesses of the festive season, or in order to fulfil a New Year's resolution.

With this in mind, I just thought that I would share details of a "scheme" which I have stumbled across in the closing months of the year. I have always been a keen advocate of brisk walking as a sound foundation for fitness. Recently, I discovered that there was an ideal ten-metre "circuit" in my home, running from the front window to the hallway.  Spending one hour walking briskly back and forth in that area, I can cover over three kilometres.

So, rather than venturing out in inclement weather to get some exercise, we can utilise our humble abodes, and exercise in a comfortable and controlled environment.

Allied to the exercise detailed above, I have cut out unhealthy snacks from my diet, and starting having smaller portions at meal-times. The results have been very encouraging.  I have lost a stone in weight in the past few months, and because of the walking, my body is much more toned and honed than before.

I appreciate that these methods may not work for everyone, but it may be worth a try!

1 comment:

  1. Pilates is an exercise regimen so that makes use of these training tools to strengthen your abdominal muscles. Before embarking on any exercise regimen, it is important to consult a doctor. Once the green light is given, one must perform a proper warm-up before each session. This is important if you want to minimize the risk of injury as a result of the exercise.embark exercise ball I am very thanks for your commenting and sharing.

    ReplyDelete