Thursday 1 September 2011

A Brief Encounter


Just recently, and totally out of the blue, I bumped into an old female acquaintance, who I had lost contact with a few years previously.

Her aura of serenity, undoubtedly underpinned by domestic contentment, was very noticeable. She has changed, and has a sense of purpose and direction. By contrast, I thought to myself, I have altered very little in some vital respects, and still fall prey to the same inertia and traps which befell me in my past.

I think the moral of this episode is that we should always strive to learn from how others move forward and enhance their lives, and take some inspiration from the steps which they have taken.

I am not one to believe in fate, but this meeting probably came at an apposite stage in my recent development. Perhaps when things like this happen, we need to take a long hard look at ourselves, and where we are heading?

No comments:

Post a Comment